Monday, December 19, 2011

Let the twine take center stage!

{As seen today on The Twinery's blog}


It is still so hard for me to believe that it is already December (and almost 2012)!

I have been so blessed to be able to be on The Twinery's Design Team this year and I must admit that I am sad to see all these final posts and goodbyes from some of my amazing teammates over on The Twinery's blog.

Like many of The Twinery's fans, I am crossing my fingers for a spot on next year's Design Team, but if I don't make the cut this will be my final official post for The Twinery.
No matter what happens, I will continue to use The Twinery's beautiful products and will continue to support The Twinery in whatever way I can.


I believe that The Twinery's twine is a beautiful product and there are so many great options to let the twine take center stage on your projects.

One way to showcase your twine is to create a pattern or shape with it. For this card I created these "heart strings" from Maraschino, Pink Sorbet, and Blossom twine:


The Twinery's twine also looks beautiful when crocheted.


For this tag I crochet a wreath from Peapod twine and topped it off with a little bow of Maraschino twine:


Sometimes it is just best to let the twine shine in a place where there would normally be something like string:


The tree garland was created with Maraschino twine and the bow features both Maraschino and Honeydew twine.


{If you joined us for The Twinery & Market Street Stamps blog hop you may have already seen this one...but I thought it was worth sharing again.}

Thanks for joining me here today and I wish each and every one of you:


this holiday season and throughout the new year!


Me + You Card Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Maraschino, Pink Sorbet, Blossom);
Cardstock: Bazzill (Tutu Pink);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Simple Joys);
Ink: Tsukineko (Pixie Dust);
Adhesive: Ranger (Matte Accents);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);


Take Time To Believe Tag Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Maraschino, Peapod);
Chipboard: Kraft Outlet;
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Simple Joys);
Ink: Tsukineko (VersaMark); Memento (Rich Cocoa - marker and ink pad); Ranger (Distress Stain - Antique Linen);
Twill: May Arts;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Crochet hook;


Joy Tree Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Maraschino, Honeydew);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Argyle, Simple Joys, Blast Off);
Ink: Tsukineko (Tea Leaves, Red Magic);
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White);
Other: Shrinky Dink (Shrink plastic);
Template: Tifany DeGough;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Round N Round Squeeze Punch - Large, 1/8" Round Hand Punch); Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Ranger (Heat Gun);


{Peace. Love. Joy.} Tag Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Lilac, Lemondrop, Mandarin, Pink Sorbet);
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Joyful Snowman, So Happy);
Ink: Tsukineko (Purple Hydrangea);
Dies: Spellbinders (Floral Doily Motifs);
Other: (Christmas light beads);

10 comments:

Kelly Sas said...

WOW!!! You sure went all out on this last post! I also hope you get another DT postition on The Twinery because I so enjoy coming here daily and I LOVE Twinery twine. I am inspired by all you do! LOVE that love card - how you made the hearts with the twine. YOU are amazing!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Your projects and ideas are always so inspiring!

Annette Allen said...

wow great use of all the twine..I love your ideas...

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creativity dearie!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Marlena M. said...

Your projects are AWESOME!!! I love the hearts and that amazing wreath. ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I saw this over on the Twinery blog- love each project and the way you used that twine...but my fav fav FAV--that first card! LOOOOOOVE how you made those hearts--that is SUPER SUPER clever!!!

Glora said...

These are SUPER cool! Terrific use of the twine I LOVE each one!!!! Hugs- Glora

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are fabulous! I love the idea of the hearts out of twine! Thank you so much!
Lisa

Keri said...

Just had to stop by and leave some love for your Twinery blog projects...each one just so clever, creative, and beautiful...crocheting in-the-round with twine?! Never would have thought it but now I have to try it! :) The heart card is simply and so lovely, and the twine-draped tree card is just perfect...thanks so much for the inspiration!

Indy's Designs said...

Love your work!! Your different uses of twine is way incredible. Just became a follower.