Friday, December 30, 2011

Two Splendid Cards

{As seen today on the Authentique Paper blog}


As soon as I saw this layout from Brenda Smith on the Authentique Paper blog, I knew I wanted to do something similar.
I love the random bits around the edge of her page...and the stitching! Ah! So cute!

I took the basic idea from Brenda's layout and applied it to these two cards:



I used a few scraps I had left over from the Splendid collection 6x6 bundle and punched them out with various squeeze punches.

I put a little bit of adhesive around the edge of the card front to keep them in place while I used my sewing machine to add some stitching.
{Tip: Keep the adhesive away from the area where you will be stitching. Gummy sewing needles are not fun.}


Each card uses a die cut from the Splendid collection Excerpts - perfect for a quick sentiment!


Thanks for stopping by today!


Old Friend Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (French Vanilla);
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Splendid collection - 6x6);
Die Cuts: Authentique Paper (Splendid collection - Excerpts);
Stitching: Machine;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Round N Round Squeeze Punches); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);


Family Masterpiece Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill (Snow);
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Splendid collection - 6x6);
Die Cuts: Authentique Paper (Splendid collection - Excerpts);
Stitching: Machine;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Leaf Squeeze Punches); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

2 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are stunning, thanks for the how tos!
Lisa

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fab use of those papers! Great cards!!! Happy NEW Year;)