Thursday, December 15, 2011

I've got the blues... {Market Street Stamps}

{As seen today on the Market Street Stamps blog}



Okay...no - I am not depressed, but I DO seem to have a case of the blues.

A little background about me: I grew up in a house that was completely decked out in various shades of what I call "Country Kitchen Blue". Thanks to being surrounded by it for so many years I now cringe when I even think about the color blue.

But for some reason - I think due to my love for teals and aquas - blue has started to slip back into my life.
{Only on paper. Don't expect to see me decorating my house in blue anytime soon. Or ever.}


I have seen some beautiful projects created with the new Flurries background stamped in white...but I thought I would add a bit of color to it. This background stamp (like all the others from Market Street Stamps) stamps beautifully. There are so many great ways to use this stamp!
I wanted to let it shine on this card so I used an almost A2-sized panel to let it take center stage.
{The background stamps from Market Street Stamps will completely cover the front of an A2-sized card, but I trimmed a bit off to have the kraft border show.}


I added a sentiment from the Essential Holiday Elegance set and topped it all off with a white button and some Denim twine.
This card would be easy to create in multiples, but has a big impact thanks to the beautiful Flurries background.

I hope you'll stick with me just a little bit longer as I share another blue(-ish) card with you:


This one uses one of the cute sentiments from the Chillaxin' set and is finished off with some cute little paper ties.
{I don't even know anyone who actually wears ties on a regular basis anymore, but they sure do look cute on a card!}


Thanks for coming by today!

Joy Of The Season Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White); The Paper Company (Kraft);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Flurries, Essential Holiday Elegance);
Ink: CTMH;
Twine: The Twinery (Denim);
Other: (White Button);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);


Family Ties Card Supplies:
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White); Core'dinations (Aqueduct);
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Little Boy collection - Awesome Dots);
Stamps: Market Street Stamps (Chillaxin');
Ink: Tsukineko (Red Magic);
Other: (Vintage Book Page);
Tie Pattern: Tifany DeGough;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper - Stub); Martha Stewart/EK Success (Scoring Board);

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

GREAT cards...Love that bow tie..and that amazing back ground stamp on the first card...so pretty and awesome color..

Anonymous said...

Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…
[url=http://www.weddingplannerphotography.com]Beach wedding[/url]